Rainbow Vegetable Sandwich
Rainbow Vegetable Sandwich is the most fun, aesthetically pleasing and healthy sandwich there is. I mean look at the sheer beauty of this thing. Who wouldn’t wanna eat that? Rainbow Vegetable Sandwich Recipe is easy-peesy, very adaptable and versatile.
You can create the whole VIBGYOR rainbow colour sequence or just put in the veggies randomly. Also, in this recipe, we have made the sandwich with raw veggies as that makes the sandwich more wholesome and nutritious, but you can also saute them in butter or olive oil.
Serves 1 person
Cooking time 10 minutes
- 2 slices of multigrain bread
- 1 tsp butter or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 cup thinly slices rainbow veggies – Beetroot, Red onion, cucumber, spinach, yellow capsicum, carrots, tomatoes, red capsicum.
- 1 tbsp creamy spread of choice- cheese/mayonnaise/greek yoghurt/coconut chutney/hummus (grated cheese is used in this recipe )
- 1 tsp tangy spread – tomato ketchup/ tomato or mango chutney (tomato ketchup is used in this recipe)
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tsp black pepper.
- Toast or grill the slices of multigrain bread applying butter or ghee.
- Put a creamy spread (see ingredients section for options) on top of one bread slice and tomato ketchup/chutney on another.
- Put sliced colourful rainbow veggies in order of your choice or mixed up on one slice of bread.
- Drizzle some salt, black pepper on top or after every layer of veggies.
- Put the other slice of bread on top.
- Slice the veggies very thinly otherwise the sandwich will become too bulky to eat or store.
- Wrap the sandwich with brown paper or napkin so that the veggies are held in their place.