Chickpea or Choley Salad
Chickpea or choley salad is one of my personal favourite salads. This salad is so satiating and makes you full for a long time. Low in fats and high in protein, chickpea salad is delicious, juicy and when combined with carrots, tomatoes and onions, makes for an awesome treat.
The best thing is that this salad is so simple to make and takes less than 10 minutes to put all ingredients together. Since it’s winters, I’ve added carrots and in summers, cucumbers work really well. The delicious dressing loads the salad with amazing flavours as well.
Serves 2 people
Cooking time 10 minutes
Preparation time Overnight for soaking chickpeas
- 3⁄4 cup chickpeas yield 2 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 1 medium-sized carrot, diced
- 1 medium-sized red onion, diced
- 1 medium-sized tomato, diced
- A handful of coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini or powdered white sesame (til) seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp red chilli flaked or powder
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper, crushed
- Soak the chickpeas overnight (around 12 hours) and then boil them in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle on high flame and 5-6 whistles on low flame.
- For the dressing, add lemon juice, honey, olive oil, tahini or powdered sesame seeds, salt, red chilli and black pepper powder and mix together.
- In a bowl, add cooked chickpea, diced carrots, onions, tomatoes and drizzle the dressing over the salad.