Methi Matar Malai Recipe | How To Make Methi Matar Malai Recipe
Rich, creamy and hearty in texture and taste, Methi Matar Malai is one of my of the best options when you want to eat like royals. Clearly, it is a perfect main course dish to serve to your family, friends. Especially, guests because of its sheer lavishness. Additionally, Methi Matar Malai recipe can be made even more aromatic by addition of spices such as cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and star anise.
Methi Matar Malai Recipe is very customizable and versatile. Moreover, you could use the same masala base for other ingredients like paneer. Generally,
Methi Matar Malai is relished with Indian breads like naan, roti, puris or parathas. Additionally, if you like this recipe, you might also like other north Indian curries from my blog such as Palak Paneer and Chickpea Mushroom Curry.
Serves 2 people
Cooking time 30 minutes
Methi Matar Malai Recipe
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp asafoetida
- 2-3 onions, very finely chopped
- 6-7 garlic cloves, finely crushed
- 1 inch fresh root ginger, finely grated
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 10 cashews
- 1 cup cream (Coconut Milkcan also be used)
- 150 gm methi or fenugreek leaves, chopped
- 250 gm matar or peas, boiled
HOW TO MAKE METHI MATAR MALAI RECIPE
- Firstly, heat oil in a pan. When the oil is warm, add cumin seeds, green chillies and asafoetida.
- Then, add ginger garlic paste and onions and sauté till they are brown and translucent.
- Next, add tomatoes and cook until they turn mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and garam masala and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Then, let this cooldown, add 10 cashews in it and grind it into a thick paste.
- Further, add the paste in the pan and add cream to it. Stir well.
- Add methi (fenugreek leaves) and matar (peas). Make sure you don’t add too much methi as it might turn the dish bitter.
- Cover the pan and cook for 8-10 mins on low heat.
- Finally, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.