Lemon Chickpea Soup | Vegan, Easy and Simple Soup Recipe |
Lemon Chickpea Soup has to be my new favourite soup nowadays. To begin with, it is so flavourful and has such a distinct tang to it, it’s incredible that it’s made out of such easily available Indian ingredients. Here’s what important, this Lemon Chickpea soup is so wholesome and nourishing that it is any day better than a store bought ready to make soup. Moreover, it is free of any unhealthy additives such as sugar, preservatives, emulsifiers or artificial colours which are so common in store bought soup.
Lemon Chickpea Soup recipe is pretty basic and simple. As I mentioned before, the ingredients are very available in India. Certainly, you might most of them already in your kitchen. In terms of veggies, I have kept it simple by adding just carrots, but please go ahead and add more if that’s what you prefer. For instance, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato, peas, french beans, all of these will go so well with this Lemon Chickpea Soup.
Additionally, if like Lemon Chickpea Soup recipe and looking for more soup recipes, I have many soup recipes that you might love like Vegan Thai Tofu Soup and Tomato and Carrot Soup and Creamy Mushroom Soup on my blog.
Serves 2 people
Cooking time 20 minutes
Lemon Chickpea Soup Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- An onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- 1-2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas or choley (both black and white)
- ½ cup blanched spinach or palak leaves, chopped
- 1 cup of water
- ½ veg stock bouillon cubes
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
HOW TO MAKE LEMON CHICKPEA SOUP
- First, heat olive oil in a pan on low to medium heat. Add finely diced onions and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Then, add finely chopped carrots and cook for another 4 minutes on low flame, stirring occasionally.
- Add boiled chickpeas, blanched chopped spinach and mix.
- Next, in a cup add half a veg stock bouillon cubes and fill it with hot boiling water. Mix well to form the veg stock.
- In a separate small bowl add cornflour and add a little water. Mix well so that no lumps are created.
- Then, mix this veg broth and cornflour to the pan and mix well.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, cover and cook for 5 more minutes on low flame.
- Finally, switch off the flame and add lemon juice. Mix well and serve hot.
- If this Lemon chickpea soup has more tart than your liking, balance the sourness by adding 1 tbsp of honey.