Orange Iced Tea | How To Make Orange Iced Tea
For a country obsessed with Chai and has such scorching summer, I don’t really see people making enough Iced Tea in India. Sure, I’ve seen people either make it from a packaged powder iced tea or have it at a really expensive cafe but that doesn’t count as homemade, now does it? However, I am going to show you how easy, convenient and quick it is to make Iced tea from scratch at home. Moreover, we are making a flavoured one i.e. Orange Iced Tea but feel free to replace or omit the oranges to enjoy the classic iced tea.
What I absolutely love about this Orange Iced Tea recipe is that it needs just a few, easily available ingredients. Also, you can make it in huge batches and store it in the refrigerator and serve it to your friends and family or any guests over the course of 2-3 days. Importantly, this recipe is totally adaptable so you can brew your tea strong or light, make it unsweetened or sweetened.
Additionally, if you liked this Orange Iced Tea recipe and looking for more such summer beverages recipes, I’m sure you’ll also love Virgin Rose Mojito, Strawberry Cooler and Strawberry Banana Milkshake.
Finally, if you make this Orange Iced Tea recipe or any other recipe from my blog, please share the pictures with me by tagging me @life_is_delicious_ on Instagram. By all means, I love seeing your beautiful recreations. 🙂
Serves 3-4 people
Cooking time 15 minutes
Orange Iced Tea Recipe
- 3-4 cups or 1 litre of water
- 1 tbsp black tea or 3
- 2-3 tbsp sugar (according to taste)
- 4 oranges (juiced) or 1 cup preprepared orange juice
- Ice cubes
- Mint leaves (optional)
HOW TO MAKE ORANGE ICED TEA
- First, if you’re using black tea leaves then boil the water in a pan along with tea leaves and steep for 10 minutes covering the pan with a lid.
- If you’re using black tea bags then, in boiling hot water put 3 tea bags and let the tea steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Then, dilute it with a cup of water and let it cool down and come to room temperature.
- Next, add 1 cup of orange juice in it. You can use either freshly squeezed juice or packages one.
- After that, depending on your taste, add sugar and a handful of mint leaves.
- Finally, add ice cubes or refrigerate for a couple of hours and serve it chilled.