Oil-free Chana Corn Kebabs | Vegan Chickpea Kabab
If you’re looking an appetizer that’s yummy and nutritionally dense at the same time, look no more. These Oil-free Chana Corn Kebabs are melt-in-your-mouth good. Moreover, they do have a creamy texture and flavours ranging from savoury, sour to a little bit smoky. And, these sweet corns bring out a nice chewiness in this appetizer.
Apparently, this Oil-free Chana Corn Kebab also makes for a light and airy appetizer. You can serve it along with mint and coriander green chutney or tomato ketchup. Also, you can serve this as a fancy party appetizer to your friends and family. Definitely, it’ll be loved by everyone and will prove to be a total hit.
Additionally, If you like this Oil-free Chana Corn Kebab recipe, I am happy to let you know that I have many other Appetizers recipes on my blog. Some of my favourites are Mini Mushroom Sandwiches, Potato Wedges, Chilli Garlic Baby Corn and Instant Rava Appe. Also, if you make any of my recipes, I’d love to see your beautiful creations. So, please don’t forget to share and tag me in your post on Instagram.
Serves 4-5 people Yields 10 kebabs
Cooking time 30 minutes
Oil-free Chana Corn Kebab Recipe
- 1 cup boiled black chickpeas or kala chana
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, finely diced or crushed
- A handful of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup boiled sweet corn kernels
Kitchen Tools Used
- A non-stick flat pan or tawa
- Mixing bowl
HOW TO MAKE CHANA CORN KEBABS
- First, in a mixing bowl, add boiled chana (chickpeas) and mash them well using a masher or any big spoon or fork. The boiled chana should be mashed properly.
- Then, add diced onion, garlic and chopped coriander and mix.
- Next, add in all the spices and salt mentioned in the ingredients list.
- Then, add the boiled sweet corn and mix.
- Further, make small balls out of the mixture and flatten them on both sides like a kebab shape.
- Finally, on a non-stick tawa, bake them on both sides until they are golden brown. Just cook one side once. Don’t flip them often in order to avoid breaking.
- I suggest you always serve these kebabs with a nice and juicy chutney as by themselves they might feel a bit dry due to being oil-free.