Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Porridge
Whenever I think of breakfast, I always think of convenient, easy and quick recipes that are delicious and healthy at the same time. And now that summer has passed and mornings are getting colder I am leaning towards and craving wholesome warm breakfast. Also, it’s apple season now and being an apple lover I like incorporating it in my breakfast dishes. Therefore, I came up with this Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Porridge recipe which is so comforting and delicious.
This bowl of goodness is refined sugarfree and is topped with cinnamony caramelised apples which in my opinion is the star of this recipe. Also, I use this super fragrant Ossoro Sweet Apple flavour which added a whole new flavour to the porridge which in itself is pretty bland. Provided you have dalia cooked in advanced at night, this breakfast can be a perfect quick on-the-go option.
Additionally, If you like this Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Porridge recipe, I am happy to let you know that I have many other breakfast recipes on my blog. Some of my favourites are Fluffy Millet Pancakes, Chocolate Chia Pudding, Vegan Chickpea Sandwich and Instant Rava Appe. Also, if you make any of my recipes, I’d love to see your beautiful creations. So, please don’t forget to share and tag me in your post on Instagram.
Serves 2 people
Preparation time 25 minutes Cooking time 15 minutes
Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Porridge Recipe
- ½ cup uncooked dalia/ cracked wheat
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 whole apple, cut into slices
- Ossoro Sweet Apple flavour
- ¼ cup roasted walnuts
HOW TO MAKE APPLE CINNAMON BREAKFAST PORRIDGE
- First, in a pressure cooker, add water and dalia/ cracked wheat and cook dalia on high heat for 2 whistles and low heat for 4-5 whistles until the dalia is completely cooked into a thick porridge.
- Then in a saucepan, add cooked dalia, add milk, 2-3 tbsp honey, cinnamon powder and Ossoro Sweet Apple flavour and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Next, in a separate frying pan, add butter and honey. Add sliced apples in it and caramelize them on medium heat until both sides are golden brown.
- Finally, serve in a bowl by first adding in the porridge and then topping with caramelised apples, walnuts and cinnamon powder.
Thank you Ossoro for sponsoring this post. And thank you for supporting brands that help me run this site.